January 10, 2004

Bush Goes to Mars!

*

Now that’s something I can live with!

President Bush will announce plans next week to send Americans to Mars and establish a permanent human presence on the moon, senior administration officials said Thursday night.


Seriously. That’s the first thing the man has said that I can agree with. The quote above is from the AP article by Scott Lindlaw titled “Bush will Announce New Space Missions.” It appeared in AOL News yesterday. If I were 24 instead of 84, I’d be training to be an astronaut right now. Wouldn’t that be cool, the first openly gay astronaut.

A-w-w-w-e-some!

As my great grandchildren would say.

However, with the manned Mars mission a decade away, we have to worry about the real possibility that Bush will bankrupt us first.

Good Grief, It’s Cold!!!

Two degrees above zero last night. It’s four degrees Fahrenheit now, at 10:18 A.M. The high today, perhaps 15 degrees F. And, it’s going to get colder by next Friday with lows of zero! Of course, I realize we can’t touch places like Burlington, Maine where it’s predicted to go to 20 degrees below zero tonight. If my ankle were healed, I’d consider walking to Miami Beach right now. Yes, even at 84, dear journal.


*The image above is from an article titled, “NASA Announces Contract for Next-Generation Space Telescope Named After Space Pioneer,” in Top Story, Goddard Space Center, September 10, 2002, http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20020806ngst.html (January 9, 2004: 6:34 A.M.)

E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown


Take a look at:

Holty’s blog for great political comentary and much more from an Australian point of view.

Mark Harden’s Artchive. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s the best place to find excellent images of artist’s works on the WWW.

Gay Artist’s Galleries

John Giuffre’s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home