January 04, 2004

My Cast



and

*

I wrote this January 29th, but just finished it today. I guess I’m just sick of wearing the damned cast and can’t wait to get it off, hopefully in 2 weeks. The limitations caused by wearing it do feel like a little death.

Waiting for 2004

Old man sitting here
Vegetating in my chair
With cast encrusted
busted
foot and leg
Propped upon
The ottoman
Waiting for the new year.

I wish the cast would disappear.
Or that this mangled
Flesh and bone
Would heal
And reappear
From beneath
The snowy plasterscape
Of white frozen cream.

Oh! Would ice cream be a dream.
So, silently asleep in my chair,
I dream of iced cream
Huge mounds mounded.
And in my dream
There’s a slurp sound
As I lick it round
From bottom to top
And top to bottom
Sucking up every dripping drop.

What me despair?
Why I could be dead.
The wispy lose hair
Combed tightly in place
Upon the shiny pate,
No more early or late.
No date.
No time.
No thing.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Baked to a crisp
Ding! Ding! Ding!
The corps’ the thing.
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Listen to the oven sing.

Now sprinkle me
Over Mother Earth’s hips,
And pour me upon her lips

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!

*The above image was located by a google search. However, when I tried to go to “www.sdp2ma-sdacs.com/Legislators,htm” I was unable to find the image, “http://www.sdp2ma-sdacs.com/happy%20new%20year.gif”


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown


Take a look at:

Holty’s blog for great political comentary and much more from an Australian point of view.

Mark Harden’s Artchive. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s the best place to find excellent images of artist’s works on the WWW.

Gay Artist’s Galleries

John Giuffre’s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home