October 16, 2003

Scott Merritt Drawings Are Found



When I asked Ruth about the drawings she said, "Really, Dad, I just cleaned up your apartment for you when you were sick. There were some strange, washy looking paintings of a partially nude man that I put in the back of your bedroom closet, at the bottom of the shelves. They’re under some packs of copy paper and art supplies." I checked and they are there, upside down, shoved to the back, "folded, spindled, and mutilated," as they used to say - "don't" - about those IBM punch cards back in the 1950's and 60's.

I'm not sure Ruth damaged them intentionally. If I give her the benefit of the doubt, it's because my sexuality, my work, and the relationship between the two bother her. I think she does things without being aware of why she is doing them, or even that she IS doing them. I know she thinks of me as her slightly addlepated old "Dad," for whom she is trying to do the best she can.


Yesterday at THE BIG NEEDLE was normal



    1. Got up a bit earlier than usual, 5:00 A.M. in order to take Joe Smith (Yea, that’s really his name) to a Doctor’s appointment. He could have gotten the Pine Needle Staff to take him, but that’s a pain. There’s all these rules to follow, and you can’t shop on the way home.
    2. Played bridge from 10:00 A.M. until lunch<./L2>
    3. Went to the BIG NEEDLE dining room for lunch at noon.
    4. Around 2:00 P.M. took a drive over to Paradise just to look at Orchard Hill Farm. Sometimes I can’t help myself. I like to see the peach trees when the peaches are full and being picked. I did not stop by to see Ruth and James.
    5. 4:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. - Worked on trying to repair the mixed media pieces of Scott Merrit on the dining room table.
    6. 6:OO P.M. to around 6:30 P.M. Made my own dinner here in the apartment so I could...
    7. Write parts of this journal entry.
    8. Then I cruised around The Internet from 6:30 P.M. until around 8:OO P.M.
    9. I went to bed around 8:30 P.M. because I’m still feeling really tired from the flue bug.



E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown

Take a look at:

Gay Artist?s Galleries

John Giuffre?s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home