November 29, 2006

Health Improving

11/27/06

Rain, rain, rain, and more rain. It doesn’t matter because I’m stuck inside anyway. I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday, and that will be the first time I’ve been out of the condo since Peter brought me home this past Saturday. Hopefully the doctor will give me the green light and I’ll feel safe to at least walk to the pool and sit there in the mornings. I still feel extremely unsteady, but I’m walking back and forth through the condo as fast as I can, 10 times, several times a day. I started lifting my little ten-pound weights yesterday, and ye gads – I’m pathetic – what a struggle! At my age, I guess the body isn’t producing new cells fast enough. Then I get sick on top of that and a whole bunch of cells are killed by the fever, and now I’m in a deficit from which it will be difficult to recover. But, recover I will! Thanks for putting up with my complaints, dear Journal.

11/29/06

The sun is in and out of puffy clouds blowing in off the Atlantic and it’s in the mid seventies going to eighty something today. I couldn’t stand it any longer, so I went for a short walk early this morning. Peter walked with me before leaving for work and school. I didn’t ask, he just saw me outside and came out immediately.

“You shouldn’t be out by yourself, Isaac.”

“I don’t have permission from the doctor, but here I am. I just had to get out into this glorious weather.”

“Why didn’t you call?”

“Honestly, Peter. I’m okay.”

“I’ll just walk with you, and we’ll talk.”

“That bench over there does look terribly good,” I said, slightly out-of-breath.

Peter stayed with me until I had rested, walked me back to my front door, and I thanked him. My young hunk of a neighbor is a sweetie-pie.

You can send E-mail comments to

ZacSfuts@Comcast.net

, or post them below.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anji said...

I'm pleased to see you back again and recovering. Keep up the good work!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home