October 20, 2003

State Department Study Predicted Iraq Military Troubles



The following is from an article written by Eric Schmitt and Joel Brinkley, The New York Times, Saturday, October 18, 2003.

WASHINGTON (Oct. 18) -- A yearlong State Department study predicted many of the problems that have plagued the American-led occupation of Iraq, according to internal State Department documents and interviews with administration and Congressional officials.

Beginning in April 2002, the State Department project assembled more than 200 Iraqi lawyers, engineers, business people and other experts into 17 working groups to study topics ranging from creating a new justice system to reorganizing the military to revamping the economy.

Their findings included a much more dire assessment of Iraq's dilapidated electrical and water systems than many Pentagon officials assumed. They warned of a society so brutalized by Saddam Hussein's rule that many Iraqis might react coolly to Americans' notion of quickly rebuilding civil society.


Why does this not surprise me? Of course Mr. Bush, puppet of the oil oligarchy, would ignore such a projection from the state department.

So, one-hundred-ninety dead American service personnel later we are struggling to get electricity turned on and clean water to the citizens of Iraq. This will go down in history as the biggest mistake the USA made during the 21st Century!

Wake up America!



We ARE the EVIL EMPIRE in the eyes of the entire world!




Weekend Notes

I missed Tarzan again! The Dragon Lady (Ruth) invaded the apartment Friday afternoon . My “buds” and I were in the middle of a poker game. Of course, Charlie can’t remember what’s in his own hand much less deduce what’s in anyone else's, but we have fun. Ruth scooted around the living room like a nervous moth at a light bulb, picking things up and dusting furniture. She complained about my dirty apartment.

How embarrassing!

She also invited me to dinner at Orchard Hill Farm both Friday and Saturday nights. It was a command performance because “The Professor” - he seems to be getting more and more important - was going to be there as well. He works pretty much around the clock in my studio “Sanctuary” on weekends. I wish he’d quite sorting through my stuff and go away. Ruth says it’s a good thing that “someone has taken an interest in my studio and is straightening out the mess I left.” I think at some level she actually believes The Professor will make straight the history of my extremely slow coming to grips with my sexuality. In reality, his project will make that history crystal clear, I should think.


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown

Take a look at:

Gay Artist?s Galleries

John Giuffre?s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home