November 30, 2005

My New Family Photo Album
I often refer to the foil man, Rebecca, and other family members and friends in my journal entries. I have occasionally included images of these in various entries, but of course, over time, they end up buried in my cyber-ramblings. So, I have visited the professor’s museum in Pittsburgh twice during the past year. While there I made copies in the museum basement of his files that catalogue my old black and white photographs from the 1950's and 60's. During this past week I opened a new blog and named it “Isaac’s Family Album.” I linked the album to this journal. The link is located near the top of the column to the right. I shall be adding pages of photographs and text to the album as I have time to create them, and I hope readers will enjoy them.


Friends Service Committee and Habitat for Humanity

*

I’m still plugging American Friends Service Committee for relief along the Gulf Coast. Long term help is necessary to return the poor to their parishes along the Gulf Coast, and repair the damage done to those neighborhoods that gave New Orleans it’s cuisine and culture. Soon, the Red Cross and other emergency organizations will move on to new crises. The Friends are much more likely to do good things for the unfortunate people of the region than anyone I can think of. They do not discriminate, and they will not proselytize while helping those who wish to reestablish themselves. Also, think about donating money and/or your own time and skills to Habitat for humanity. That organization will be called on to help the poor rebuild their homes, I’m sure.


*AFSC Logo, American Friends Service Committee home Page, http://www.afsc.org/, site licensed under a creative commons license. viewed Wed., November 30, 2005.


Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@Comcast.net
with comments.
(Note the new address. I am no longer at AOL.)
. Note that I have removed "Comments," as unscrupulous persons were using that part of the “blog” to advertise their products and services. If you have legitimate comments, I hope you will communicate these directly to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home