November 26, 2005

FIMA Puts Needy Hurricane Victims on the Streets
Rhetorical question - Is it possible that FIMA could keep on screwing-up right into next year’s hurricane season?

I know that middle class and wealthy hurricane victims used FIMA’s free hotel rooms. Greedy people with flood insurance, good jobs, and family and/or friends with spare rooms did not need those hotel rooms and should be ashamed of themselves. Because of those folks in part, it is estimated that approximately 50,000 poor families will be put on the streets within the next week. Instead of putting poor families on the streets during the holiday season, why doesn’t FIMA go after the wealthy and middle class jerks that used the system to get a “free lunch.”

Of course, FIMA is running out of money because the President has refused to provide extended aid for the wreaked Gulf Coast, and because of the thousands of checks mailed to middle class and wealthy citizen victims of Katrina. While I feel sorry for anyone who lost their home, and/or job, middle class folks and the wealthy with insurance, good prospects for the future, and reserve funds should not be using money needed to help the poor, who have also lost their homes and their jobs because of Katrina, Rita and Wilma.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Friends Service Committee and Habitat for Humanity

*

I’m still plugging American Friends Service Committee for relief along the Gulf Coast. Long term help is necessary to return the poor to their parishes along the Gulf Coast, and repair the damage done to those neighborhoods that gave New Orleans it’s cuisine and culture. Soon, the Red Cross and other emergency organizations will move on to new crises. The Friends are much more likely to do good things for the unfortunate people of the region than anyone I can think of. They do not discriminate, and they will not proselytize while helping those who wish to reestablish themselves. Also, think about donating money and/or your own time and skills to Habitat for humanity. Mr. And Mrs. Bush spent some time with Habitat workers in Louisiana on October 11th, 2005. We all understand that Mr. Bush has to spend his time on more important matters. Hopefully you and I have more time and money to spend on this effort than the President has.

My Psychiatric Evaluation is Scheduled for Next Week


I threw a mild temper tantrum in order to get my evaluation scheduled so quickly, but I had no choice. I’ve had to put my Florida trip off over and over again. I need to get this done and move on. After all, I’m 86, and I know my time on this earth is limited. Whatever God has in store for this X-Amish-retired-gay-farmer-artist in the after life, I intend to explore the excellent winter climate of his Earth in Southern Florida before moving on. Of course my fundamentalist family and at least half of the residents here at THE BIG NEEDLE plan on me roasting in hell in the afterlife. Nevertheless, I don’t think God has any such arrangements made for me, though I don’t pretend to understand his/her plans as do all these good and prejudiced folks.


*Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_for_Humanity, page last modified 04:27, November 16, 2005, viewed 9:27 AM EST, November 26, 2005. The image is the copyrighted logo (property), ©, of Habitat for Humanity and may not be used by any other organization.


Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@Comcast.net
with comments.
(Note the new address. I am no longer at AOL.)
. Note that I have removed "Comments," as unscrupulous persons were using that part of the “blog” to advertise their products and services. If you have legitimate comments, I hope you will communicate these directly to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home