September 14, 2005

Roberts’ A Shoe-in
With one day to go on Senate hearings it looks like it’s a done deal. One more nail in the Democratic Party’s coffin. The Neo-con plan to return us to the 19th century is right on course. Ah well, one can see - based on our non awareness of the needs of the poor in New Orleans before, during, and right after Katrina - that we don’t have far to go.

Don't Forget Victims of Katrina!


As stated in the last few entries, I have donated money to the American Friends Service Committee for relief along the Gulf Coast. The Quakers are much more likely to do good things for the unfortunate people of the region than anyone I can think of, and they will not proselytize while doing so.

Rehab


I visited my friend Jim yesterday. If you recall, dear Journal, Jim had a stroke four weeks ago. He is in a rehabilitation center now and has physical therapy two times a day. He is making excellent progress, though he has poor fine-motor control on his left side. He is terribly frustrated with that as it makes performing the most ordinary daily tasks difficult. His neurologist says he expects Jim to have complete recovery. However, Jim is frightened because he thinks he will have another stroke. He is on an aspirin a day, and coumadin as a blood thinner to help prevent just such a reoccurrence.*

Plans for Florida Trip


DSC00044sv

I haven’t told Ruth, and I don’t plan doing so until the last minute. I’m leaving the third of October. I’ve made an appointment with a realtor in South Florida to look at condominiums. It’s sort of a step backwards. I don’t want to look at retirement communities. Allowing Ruth to put me here these past few years feels like a mistake. I have often felt so trapped in THE BIG NEEDLE. I may only be able to spend a few years on the outside before having to return to a retirement community or nursing home, or before I fall over dead, whichever comes first. However, if I must return to a retirement community, it will be a gay community. Remember my investigation of the Palms of Manasota near Sarasota last year. I can always go there. For now, I want to be in the warmest part of Florida, as far away from winter as I can get within the USA.


*1 “Warfarin (Coumadin). Florida State University, http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/pharmaceuticals/pages/warfarin.html. Modified March 3, 2004, 4:33 PM EST. Viewed Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:03 AM EDT.

*2 “Palms of Manisota.” http://www.palmsofmanasota.com/. © 2002-2005 Palms of Manisota, Inc. Viewed September 14, 2005, 10:10 AM EDT.



Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@aol.com
with comments. I do so like to have the opportunity to communicate with readers.


Visit my homepage at AOL Hometown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home