August 25, 2005

Iraq Looks Like Vietnam!
What a novel remark made from within the Ranks of the Republican Party. Prospective presidential candidate, Chuck Hagel, Senator from Nebraska, made the observation. He has two Purple Hearts and other awards because of his Vietnam military service. Almost sounds like Senator Kerry’s twin to me. I wonder if Senator Hagel took umbrage with that war during the counter culture revolution of the 1970’s as Kerry did. However, it seems to me that this observation is not particularly astute, since I and other fellow Democrats were making the same observation when Mr. Bush decided to invade Iraq two and one half years ago. Nevertheless, I’m glad a Republican Senator has finally said it too.

Does Mr. Hagel think that such a remark will endear him to the “neo-con” hawks? Of course it doesn't! Hopefully his stance marks the beginning of a new period of sanity and ascendancy among Republican moderates who understand that we are not The New Rome and that an evangelical God has not decreed that we are to conduct a new crusade against the Arab World at the risk of Armageddon.

“I think our involvement there has destabilized the Middle East. And the longer we stay there, I think the further destabilization will occur.”*


NOWAR

Once again, I include my
“No War!”
Poster. Anyone who wants it is welcome to copy it and use it.

*Daniel, Douglas K., AP. “GOP Senator Says Iraq Looking Like Vietnam.” Comcast.net, http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2005/08/21/205330.html, Sunday, August 21, 2005, 9:30 AM EDT.


Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@aol.com
with comments. I do so like to have the opportunity to communicate with readers.


Visit my homepage at AOL Hometown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home