July 22, 2004

My Visit as a “Tourist” to Pittsburgh: An Over View of the City


*


Some Interesting Facts About Pittsburgh


  1. Pittsburgh, the Steel City, is the largest inland port in the United States.

  2. According to the 2000 census Pittsburgh had a population of 369, 879, people.

  3. The downtown area of the city is located on a triangle of land (Golden Triangle) at the confluence of the Monongahela and the Allegheny rivers.

  4. Among the many colleges and universities for which the city is famous are Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University.

  5. Andy Warhol was from Pittsburgh. I spent the most interesting day of my entire visit to Pittsburgh at the Andy Warhol Museum.

  6. The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Opera, and Ballet theater are world class. So are the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.

  7. The city is home to the Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, and Riverhounds.

  8. For an absolutely fabulous view of this beautiful city, take the historic Duquesne Incline to the top of Mount Washington.

  9. The only drawback I can see is the winter cold, which for an old man is worse than Lancaster County. The average temperature in January is 20.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

*2

I will discuss the “tourist” part of my visit to Pittsburgh in greater detail in future entries. However, first I plan to get to the meat of my visit. The reason I visited that wonderful city was, of course, to get to THE PROFESSOR’s museum and find all my stuff from Sanctuary, my studio. If you’ve been following along, dear Journal, you know that Ruth, my daughter in collusion with THE PROFESSOR managed to transport the contents of my studio (lock, stock, and barrel) to Pittsburgh last year. Ruth thinks I’m crazy. I think she’s a “female dog!”

As a result of my trip, I now have material from my own journals to write about, and I plan to explore the works of other artists in relation to my work as both relate to “Spiritual Eroticism.” during the next several entries.

Stay tuned.


*photograph located at “http://www.pittsburgh-cvb.org/,” pittsburgh.org (Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 10:44 A.M. EDT)
*2 information and may be found on various pages, pittsburgh.net, http://www.pittsburgh.net/about_pittsburgh.net/index.cfm (Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 9:31 A.M. EDT)


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home