July 20, 2004

I'm Back in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country!


Pittsburgh is a beautiful city! I had a wonderful time, but I'm exhausted. I went to the museum and true to THE PROFESSOR's words, I was allowed to go through my catalogued and archived papers in the museum basement. However, the curatorial staff weren't always able to locate the files I requested. I didn't have time to look for all my art work, and I never did locate the fourth volume of my Varnastrama journals. I'm afraid that 80 years of my life will be lost somewhere in a basement below the city of Pittsburgh. I must revisit Pittsburgh and the museum in order to continue my investigation.

I also want to go back to Pittsburgh to see more of it. There's no trace of the dirt from the now absent steel industry. Of course, that's a good thing. But, I wonder - should we have donated our steel industry to the rest of the world? Yesterday we out sourced the entire steel industry, today we allow corporate America to out source other jobs in the service industry. It amounts to the exportation of our ability to sustain a middle class to the nations of the world. Yes, we should help the 3rd World, but not at the expense of our ability to sustain our own livelihood.

I will continue to report on my travels in Pittsburgh and environs in future entries as time allows, dear journal.


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown

1 Comments:

Blogger Anji said...

A lot of jobs are disappearing from europe too. We'll soon be one huge tourist attraction!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home