February 20, 2004

I’m driving again!

I’m so-o-o-o-o happy!

I’m walking with a cane. The ankle still gets stiff as (bleep), and when I get up in the morning It’s hard to put my weight on it. But, after I hobble around awhile, it feels better.

Bush’s Popularity Dropping

It’s about time. According to poles, 54% of us do not trust the man.

Kerry Wins Wisconsin / Edwards 2nd

John Edwards was a close second and 50% of those poled on AOL say that Edwards has a chance of being nominated the Democrat Party candidate for president. Being a liberal, I prefer Kerry. He’s almost as liberal as Dean, and I’ve felt all along that Kerry is more “presidential” than Dean. Perhaps good old Democratic Liberalism is not as dead as many a pundit would have us believe.
However, I wonder whether or not we need the South to beat George W. Bush? This race isn’t over yet, and it keeps getting more interesting.

*

However, I worry that the issue of “Gay Marriage” will keep any Democrat from being elected.

*1

I know that gay marriage stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered equality in our culture. It will allow lesbian women, gay men, a bisexual male or female to marry a person of the same sex, to have the same financial privileges as heterosexual persons including the all important hospital visitation rights, and the ability to easily make families. However, it will be the issue that the conservative portion of the Republican party will seize upon in the attempt to prevent the election of a Democrat to the office of President of the United States. Instead, “Gay Marriage” may be the issue that gives George W. Bush a second, and this time, voter mandated term in office.

Bush without a Mandate



Mr. Bush did not have a mandate from the voters in the last election, and the damage done to the basic rights of all Americans is extensive. Due to the horrific tragedy of 9/11/01 Congress gave Mr. Bush the right to do anything he wished in “The War Against Terrorism,” and the Patriot Act was shoved down our throats without a thought to what it might do to our basic rights. Thus, the Bush presidency has destroyed our image as a moral and humanitarian power in the world because of the 2nd Gulf War, and we have not moved one iota closer to the prevention of acts of terror around the world. Instead - let us not sugar coat our objectives in fighting this war - we have killed thousands of innocent men, women, and children in order to gain control over the worlds largest oil reserves.

What is Freedom?

Additionally, I understand what it means to have six hundred grown men and teenagers held in prison without the right to trial for all eternity in this “Free” country. I know because Abraham Lincoln speaks to me. In my imagination I hear him say, and I paraphrase - “as long as one man is not free, so all men are not free.”

What would a second, and this time mandated, “Bush II” term in office do to America? I shudder to think of it!



*Senator John Edwards of North Carolina, http://edwards.senate.gov/ (viewed Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 6:33 A.M. EST)

*1 CNNenEspanol.com/Americas, “Tres ex presidentes apoyan legalizar la unión de homosexuales en Colombia,” http://www.cnnenespanol.com/2003/americas/08/20/colombia_homosexuales.ap/ (viewed Wednesday, February 18, 2004 at 6:42 A.M. EST)

E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage

AOL Hometown


Take a look at:

Betty Bower’s Miracle Cards for wonderful political commentary you can send to your friends. She plays the part to the fullest!=

Holty’s blog for great political comentary and much more from an Australian point of view.

Mark Harden’s Artchive. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s the best place to find excellent images of artist’s works on the WWW.

Gay Artist’s Galleries

Oku’s Surotic Gallery, an erotic art site.

Arts and Letters Daily, ideas, criticism, and debate, a service of the Chronicle of Higher Education.

ArtsJournal.com, the Daily Digest of Arts, Culture, & Ideas.

the Advocate, the GLTB news magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home