January 06, 2007

Peter’s Visit

My young hunk neighbor stopped by last evening, and we had a telling conversation.

“I’ve missed our talks Isaac. I mean, I’m happy that you had such a great time with your family in Pennsylvania, but it’s just not the same around here without you. Friends my age are mostly interested in drinking, doing drugs, clubbing, and sports, in that order.”

“Perhaps you should be looking for other friends.”

“That wouldn’t do any good. It’s pretty much a sea of sameness out there.”

“You’re a physical guy. You exercise, and play sports.”

“I’m the typical gay guy.”

“Meaning.”

“I exercise to be healthy and look good, but mostly to look good. I do sports you can do on your own, like tennis, swimming, running. I’d like to try wind surfing, but that will have to wait until I’m done with school and can afford it.”

“I see. No team sports.”

“Well, wrestling back in high school, because that was the only way I could get physical with guys.”

“It would be interesting to see how much research has been done on this aspect of the gay man.” You want to do a search at your school library? I’ll search on line.”

"I don't know."

"Come on. You might even be able to use the research for a paper in one of your courses.”

“I’m not taking any LGBT classes right now.”

“You never know.”

“True.”

“In any case, I can publish the results as part of my journal.”

“Okay. Let’s do it.”


I'm afraid the poor young man needs to get out more.


You can send E-mail comments to

ZacSfuts@Comcast.net

, or post them below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home