August 16, 2006

Peter’s Sexuality

I woke early yesterday and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I got up just before sunup. I had a cup of coffee and decided to take my morning walk early. I walked to the nearby marina, and sat out on one of the docks. Someone has conveniently placed several benches on the docks, and I had a beautiful view of the steamy Intracoastal Waterway. Pink wisps of mist curled from the water’s surface in the defuse light of sunrise, and a few pleasure boats filled with folks going fishing were headed to the inlet. I must be honest, it was hot and humid, and I was uncomfortable. Most of my peers tell me they won’t go outside unless they absolutely must during the long summers here. While I’m not foolish, and I don’t go out in the middle of the day if I can help it, I do go out as much as my old body will allow. After all, if you don’t use it, you’ll lose it. Anyway, after I was thoroughly damp, I got up and walked back to the condo. The grounds of my complex are green and full of lush tropical growth because they are watered with an automatic system every day, rain or shine. So, I always take my time because I like to look at the coconut, royal, queen, butterfly, Manila, and other palms, the flowering plants like birds of paradise, red crinum, and Persian violets. It’s a feast for the eyes that I never grow tired of. As I slowly climbed the stairs to my condo – I hardly ever take the elevator - I bumped into my hunky young neighbor, Peter, who was headed to his car. We stopped, exchanged pleasantries, and rapidly moved on to more interesting topics of conversation. I happened to mention that I was reading My Life, by Bill Clinton. So, Peter told me that he is reading a mystery, Boy Toy, a gay mystery I might add by Michael Craft. I recognized it right away because I had bought the book at Lambda Books in Rehoboth Beach, DE, two years ago. Thus, Adam, Stephen, any I guessed correctly. Peter is gay. Hurray for gaydar!

You can send E-mail comments to
ZacSfuts@Comcast.net
, or post them below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home