February 09, 2006

Jupiter Inlet
I am definitely “in like” with North Palm Beach County for several reasons. First, it isn’t solid city. There are actually short stretches of coast with nothing on them that nature didn’t put there. The local people, those who have lived here all their lives, tell me that just 25 years ago, Jupiter and Juno Beach were still small towns with a vast stretch of scrub pine and palmetto between. Second, it’s a bit more relaxed than Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, though the drivers are maniacal just as they have been all over South Florida. Third, there are so many of us older folk there that the place is like a vast Pine Needle Manor. Forth, the north end of the county is up-scale with vast park-like areas, great shopping centers (Bloomingdales, Dillards, J. C. Penny) and fine restaurants serving all cuisines. Fifth, Culture, museums, symphony, ballet, theater are but a short 8 to 10 mile drive to West Palm Beach. There is one drawback. I haven’t met one gay man up there. I’d have to drive to West Palm Beach to find any LGBT people. I guess I can’t have my beefcake and eat it too.

I never said I wasn’t a card carrying member of the Dirty Old Man Club!

This past Friday I was at Jupiter Inlet when this monster storm hit. It was beautiful and I took pictures. I have included one below. You can see the lighthouse in the background.

DSC00009SmV

Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@Comcast.net
with comments.
(Note the new address. I am no longer at AOL.)
. I have removed Comments because unscrupulous persons were using that part of the “blog” to advertise their products and services. If you have legitimate comments, I hope you will communicate these directly to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home