May 23, 2005

Filibuster Compromise Achieved
*

Nuclear Option Won’t Blow

Read the article at Comcast News. Also, Market Watch.

I find Majority Leader Frist’s comment that keeping the filibuster will “enshrine a new tyranny of the minority” to be oxymoronic. However, I would remind the illustrious Mr. Frist that this minority is a very large minority and growing daily as the Republican ‘Oiligarchy’ moves to impose a mandate for the rich that includes the disenfranchisement of the middle and lower classes. I have a feeling, and I hope my gut is correct that middle class America is beginning to understand how thoroughly they have been mesmerized and hoodwinked by the hate mongering, power hungry politicians of the Neo-con New Rome.

Of course tonight’s compromise does mean that the courts will become ever more conservative. The far right Republicans want to see America back in the middle of the nineteenth century when the industrial barons ruled.

Do we really want to go back there?

Democratic Party unite! We have nothing to lose but the chains to an oil consuming economy.

So ends soapbox speech number 410. The old gay Pennsylvania Dutch fart has spoken.

Seriously folks. Let’s take our country back.

* The Coleman Archive: Museum of Curious Cultural Artifacts, http://www.miqel.com/coleman-archives-mystery-museum-image-gallery/coleman-museum-fascinating-findings.html, viewed Monday, May 23, 2005, 10:09 PM EDT.

Please E-mail me at
ZacSfuts@aol.com
with comments. I do so like to have the opportunity to communicate with readers.


Visit my homepage at AOL Hometown.

1 Comments:

Blogger humble servant said...

Wow! What a blog! I look forward to reading even more! My ancestors were Mennonites from your area, so your comments hold even more interest for me. Can't wait to read more!
Anarchist Priest

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home