October 08, 2004

The VP Debate and the Flu Bug


*

I did not stay up to watch the Vice Presidential Debate Tuesday as I’m still recovering from the flu bug. It’s the one that gives you the head, throat, stomach, and bowel thing all at once. There were several days where I thought I would die, and I didn’t say anything to the powers that be here at the BIG NEEDLE because they would have rushed me off to the hospital. Foolish me. My daughter, Ruth, the one who hates both me and my art work kidnapped me and took me to the doctor yesterday. He was furious.

“Isaac, Ruth is right. You could have died. At your age flu is extremely dangerous.”

“Well, I’m here now. Able to stand up and take nourishment. Well, not much of the latter.”

“Go home. Go to bed. You’ve made it over the hump as they say, but you are extremely exhausted. Get lots of rest. If there is the least bit of a sniffle in the next several weeks, I want to see you immediately.”

“Yes, Sir,” I said a bit sarcastically.

“Ruth. Do you hear me?”

“I have had less than no control over Papa during the past year.” She said in exasperation. “Ever since...”

“Let’s not go there, Ruth.” I said, as I cut her off before she could do her wounded daughter act.

Back to the World


I suspect that the shut down of that vaccine plant in Great Britain is an International plot to destroy the senior population of the world. Be that as it may...

I’m saving up my stay-up-late minutes for the Presidential Debate tonight.

Are you reading Stephen Gulliver, dear Journal? Things are getting pretty nasty in that alternate reality where Bush the Second won two terms in office.

Family Business

My great grandson, Adam is coming to visit this weekend, Sunday I think. He has off Monday because of the Columbus Day holiday. I can’t wait. He is one of three teachers in that generation of my family, and I think he may be gay.

* “What’s Up” News Letter, ©2004Orange County Health Care Agency, “http://www.ochealthinfo.com/newsletters/whatsup/2004/04-01.htm,” Friday, October 8, 2004, 6:28 AM EDT.

E-mail me at ZacSfuts@aol.com

Visit my homepage at AOL Hometown

1 Comments:

Blogger Anji said...

I think you should rest too. I must admit 'resting ' is not my idea of fun either. How old is your great grandson? I hope you have a great time together.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home