November 29, 2004

Plan to Get Out-a Here


*

It’s over 2 weeks since my hernia surgery and I am starting to be able to stand up straight (well up-right) when I walk. I still am not allowed to do any exercise for 6 more weks. Bah, hum bug! I know I won’t be able to wait that long because my arthritis will take over, and I’ll be frozen in some horrible bent position for the rest of my life. Since I plan on living to at least one- hundred-and-five, I’ll be stuck facing dirt for 20 years or more. Instead of that dreadful situation, I’ve devised a 7-point plan for gaining my body back before I lose it. I’ll be out and about in my silver foil within a few weeks. I am not consulting the doctor because he will say that I shouldn’t do anything for the next 6 weeks. I won’t tell Ruth because she will throw a fit. Neither is acceptable.

Isaac’s 7 Point Plan


  1. (three weeks post surgery) I begin walking around the inside halls of my apartment complex here at THE BIG NEEDLE. I will do that 2 times per day.

  2. (four weeks post surgery) I extend my walks into the rest of the YE OLD NEEDLE complex, and I do that 2 times per day.

  3. Also, during the fourth week I begin doing various arm exercises with 5 pound weights. I will be careful. If my abdomen shows any signs of increased pain I will stop immediately.

  4. (five weeks post surgery) I am going back to the health club every other day. I will do slow stair climbing, and I will walk in the pool. I will begin to do some stretching. I will continue to do my arm exercises and walking at the STICKY NEEDLE.

  5. (six weeks post surgery) I will increase the rigor of my stair climbing and pool walking. I will increase the amount of stretching that I am doing. I will also increase my weights to 10 pounds. Since I will be taking more exercise at the health club, I will decrease the amount of walking I am doing here at THE MANOR.

  6. (seven weeks post surgery) I will continue stair climbing, pool walking, weight lifting and stretching. I will begin to do very basic upper abdominal sit-ups. Once again I will decrease the amount of walking I am doing here at THE MANOR.

  7. (eight weeks) I will continue with all of the above except that I will begin using the weight machines at the health club so that I can gradually increase the weight I am lifting. I will increase my stretches. I will begin swimming instead of just walking in the pool. I will increase my sit-ups. I will also increase the rigor of my stair climbing.





E-mail me at ZacSfuts@aol.com

Visit my homepage at AOL Hometown

7 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

Really great blog! I noticed a mention about arthritis research . I thought you might be interested to hear that both my parents and several of their friends have had problems with arthritis and we have been very lucky to have come across Bioflow. They are sold at arthritis research and they have been worth every penny. They don't seem to work for everyone but they have helped reduce the pain in my parents arthritis so that they almost don't notice it any longer. They'd still be taking painkillers if it wasn't for wearing a Bioflow on their wrist

1:55 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a small business health insurance ca
site. It pretty much covers small business health insurance ca
related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a pc pdf repair site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWEsome blog you have here...I appreciate you allowing comments as I do on my blogs. I have some articles and information about life insurance that you could perhaps use at my Term Life Insurance Quote website blog: Term Life Insurance Quote...best regards

9:49 PM  
Blogger Doniette said...

How would you like to know about a Life Fitness resource, that displays all the Life Fitness information on one website? Check out
Life Fitness today. Not only do they have a good fitness book section, but they also have great articles on fitness. I was really impressed with the resources their webmster put together.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your site heard in our reverse address directory
Make us your homepage and read the daily updated articles.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Blog World said...

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop- Posters.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home