November 14, 2003

Oh what, Oh what is my daughter up to now?



I’m bored, and ready to perform as the Foil Man. That would give Ruth a start. She hasn’t called or visited and it’s a bit worrysome when I don’t hear from her or see her for a while. Of course, a visit to Varnastrama would probably get me in less trouble. What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her, or me.

A Day in the Life on This Earth

Yesterday began like most. I was up at 5:30 A.M. I always said that I would sleep in when I retired. However, it hasn’t turned out that way. There’s always too much to do. And, I guess I do need less sleep than I used to. I ate breakfast in my apartment; just cereal, toast, coffee, and orange juice. They were having scrambled eggs in the BIG NEEDLE dining room. I think the kitchen uses yolk free eggs because they have the texture of mush, but taste like cardboard. There are other choices on the menu on scrambled styrofoam day, but just the smell of those semi-eggs makes my stomach revolt.

I helped sort and deliver mail. I imagine that I save the BIG NEEDLE money as a staff member is freed to do other things. But, I don’t mind. It’s the kind of mindless activity that keeps me occupied for a couple of hours every other day. Besides, I get to talk to people as I make my rounds delivering mail, and keep up on the gossip. Roy Veich does it Monday / Wednesday / Friday and I do it Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday; and we cover for one another when necessary.

This morning I had my card group at 10:00 A.M. We play poker, and/or bridge. I’m not a card person, but it forces me to maintain contact with straight members of the community I would not otherwise be bothered with. Some of the guys minds aren’t too good, and some days I just buddy with someone who needs a lot of help.

Other mornings I might take a friend shopping or to the Dr, or both. I avoid Bible Study because they interpret the Bible so literally. I’m sure most of them think I’m damaged goods with a toe tag marked “destination hell.”

Lunch is at 12:00 Noon. It’s the big meal of the day and is often pretty good. You have a menu with choices in the BIG NEEDLE dining room so more often than not I eat lunch there. Today I had Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes (they’re not instant), string beans, a small green salad, and chocolate cake for desert with coffee and milk.

Three days a week I help out in the Arts and Crafts class at 2:00 P.M. However, It keeps changing every couple of weeks from 2:00 to 3:00, or even to 3:30 P.M. because we keep changing our Director of Activities. The problem? The Big Needle hires someone without a high school diploma with no experience other than making macaroni Christmas Wreaths and expecting her to run an entire leisure activities program with little or no budget. Oh, and they pay her next to nothing for doing it.

On days I don’t do these planned activities, I spend time making my own art, and or writing you, my dear Journal.

However, tomorrow afternoon, I’m going to do something quite out of the ordinary. I’m going to our BIG city's only

Adult Book Store.

Contrary to public opinion old people do get horny occasionally, and I’ve been told the movies in the booths are full of hot young things getting off. I’ve also heard that “older gentlemen” frequent the place. Who knows, I might just meet someone nice there. I thought I’d go in before dinner, around 4:00 P.M. I’m all a quiver just thinking about it. Wish me luck, dear Journal.


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown

Take a look at:

Mark Harden’s Artchive. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s the best place to find excellent images of artist’s works on the WWW.

Gay Artist’s Galleries

John Giuffre’s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home