November 22, 2003

What to say about Michael?

Isn’t it ashame how important people’s bad sh(bleep) seems to totally overide anything else that is happening at the same time - like the Massachusetts Court’s decision to end the ban on gay marriage in that state. I don’t know if Michael is guilty or not, though most of the other senior citizens (I hate that term!) here at “Prickly Needle Manor” think he’s been molesting every little tyke he could get his hands on for years. At the same time, most of the people here at “The Manor” think Michael dyed himself white, and that he dislikes being black just as much as they dislike blacks in general though they’d never admit to being prejudiced. I guess we’re due for another year long spectacle like the Simpson trial.

Ah, the New Rome and it’s circus!

Rush is Back and so is Ruth

The results of a poll conducted by AOL showed that 48% of the respondents thought Rush would be more powerful than ever now that he’s conquered his addiction to pai ·n pills. I have two questions about all this tempest in a tea pot. First, is Rush still in pain? Second, why are there only conservative Republican talk radio pundits?

Get me a microphone! I’ll be the first Liberal talk radio pundit. I’m sure I’d feel a lot better if I could get some of this worry out and at the same time feel as though I might make some small difference in the way people perceive the political world around them.

As to Ruth, she called last night, sweet as could be. She told me she wants me to come to Orchard Hill Farm for Thanksgiving dinner next week. Surprise, surprise! She’d better invite me - what with all my children, grand children and great grand children coming!

Rosie Stalemate



Divas don’t always win. But, she didn’t lose. Neither she, nor the defunct magazine won damages.

Question

Why does every press photo of Rosie make her look as though she is angry? Why does everyone seem to be so happy that Rosie’s popularity is on a down turn. Is it because we like to see the high and mighty fall? Or, could it be because she is an openly gay / lesbian mother? I don’t know for sure, but having been a supressed, closeted gay man for most of my life, I suspect that people still like to kick us when we’re down. At the same time, I hope that she does not lose her fight with the State of Florida over gay and lesbian custody of children because I’m gay and I’m on her side. But, she’s also right - it has been shown in many studies that gay and lesbian parents are every bit as good as, and perhaps better in some instances than straight parents.

Lesbian and heterosexual women have not been found to differ markedly either in their overall mental health or in their approaches to child rearing (Kweskin & Cook, 1982; Lyons, 1983; Miller, Jacobsen, & Bigner, 1981; Mucklow & Phelan, 1979; Pagelow, 1980; Rand, Graham, & Rawlings, 1982; Thompson, McCandl üess, & Strickland, 1971), nor have lesbians' romantic and sexual relationships with other women been found to detract from their ability to care for their children (Pagelow, 1980). Recent evidence suggests that lesbian couples who are parenting together tend to divide household and family labor relatively evenly (Hand, 1991; Patterson, 1995a) and to report

satisfaction with their couple relationships (Koepke, Hare, & Moran, 1992; Patterson, 1995a). Research on gay fathers has similarly found no reason to believe them unfit as parents (Barret & Robinson, 1990; Bigner and Bozett, 1990; Bozett, 1980, 1989).
*

It is amazing (for instance) that Florida’s courts will award custody to an abusive heterosexual father rather than to a loving lesbian mother.

+American Psychological Association on Line, “Lesbian and Gay Parenting,” http://www.apa.org/pi/parent.html, 1995 (viewed November 13, 2003/6:20 A>M. EST ÷)


E-mail me! My e-mail address is ZacSfuts@aol.com.

Visit my homepage
AOL Hometown


Take a look at:

Holty’s blog for great political comentary and much more from an Australian point of view.

Mark Harden’s Artchive. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s the best place to find excellent images of artist’s works on the WWW.

Gay Artist’s Galleries

John Giuffre’s blog Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home